Dec 9, 2009

Still frosty...

Basil is a tender herb; that means the frost got it last night and I won't be growing  anymore of that particular plant until next spring, or if/when I decide to buy/build a greenhouse. (Not likely, though if I had an old Craftsman house I 'd probably go for one of those small Victorian reincarnations that I always see in the back of Sunset mag.)
Another little problem at my house is trying to get a certain 11-year-old to wear something more substantial than a sweatshirt in the winter. While I'm decked out in scarves, gloves and warm winter wear, my X-girl is more than happy to leave the house in her idea of layering;  t-shirt and sweatshirt,  jeans and boots. (Hurray for the rediscovery of the boots that were too big last spring and fit just right now!)  My only possible explanation is adolescent metabolism at work.
Lastly, I'd forgotten all about frosty winshields and back windows in the a.m. and so we now need to add 3-5 minutes of "defrost time" to our morning drive. I especially loved the guy in front of me today whose window was completley frosted over and was having a lot of trouble staying on his side of the street... he needed to allow for those extra 3-5 minutes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment