Dec 2, 2009

A good grey day to plant (or transplant)


I always like to work in the garden on grey days; it must be the "English-country-gardener wanna-be" in me even though I have finally admitted to myself that I live in a desert. Most everything planted in our front garden one year ago has survived (though some selections needed to be transplanted to better locations). The one year mark is a big one for native plant growers and ensures some degree of success.
Here's a list of plants that did well:
EUPHORBIA , HUERCHERA , GAURA , YARROW , MAHONIA , Calif. FUSCHIA , DOUGLAS IRIS , MANZANITA , BUTTERFLY BUSH , SALVIAS , dry shade FERNS , LAVENDARS , MUHLEY GRASS , RUSH MAT, GREVELIA , BLUE-EYED GRASS , MINT MARIGOLD , ROCK ROSE , MUGO PINE , HOPSEED BUSH , SUCCULENTS of all sorts , and Calif. WILDFLOWERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment