Jun 3, 2018

a long, strange, trip

conducting "Finale" at my final concert

The end has come... Can't say exactly how many years I've been teaching, but I do remember giving guitar lessons in my parents’ garage during high school. That might put it at 50 years! My next foray into teaching was while a TA for Maestro Cesare Pascarella at Cal Arts (he assigned me as a coach for youth orchestra chamber music ensembles). Then came cello teaching along the way, in addition to making a living teaching general/instrumental music while earning my state teaching credential (yes, I believed in putting the cart before the horse). And so my teaching career began in earnest... a full time position in Palmdale, CA of all places up until my husband and I  adopted a beautiful daughter to look after. We moved to Claremont CA. and after a one-year hiatus, I started a part-time teaching schedule for the past 20 years. From rock to Bach and now ??? Retirement will tell so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment