Jan 28, 2010

Grace

Grace called with a simple request. Could I help her with a cello piece she'd like to play at her church. For a few years we would meet together to go over fingerings, bowings, and most of all, counting for her chosen pieces. I introduced her to Dotzauer and Bach Suites. Grace was not youthful but open to my suggestions and I think I gave her renewed confidence in her playing. It became difficult for her to drive and so I would go to her lovely old house in the village. As the years went by she had a few medical problems and the lesson times became fewer and further apart. One day a for sale sign went out in front of the 100 year old house. I left a message and never heard back and so I was not sure what had happened. Lo and behold I received a Christmas letter this year explaining her move to a retirement community and the difficult process of selling her home and moving. She has kept her cello though, and so today I'm off to visit and maybe we'll plan some duets in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment